+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
12-22-2012 01:57 PM #1
Best christmas light displays in central texas!
AUSTIN TRAIL OF LIGHTS
Austin Trail of Lights
With over five and a half miles of drive-thru entertainment, this is a must see. For the Nov 16, 2012-Jan 6, 2013 Holiday season it is only $5/car load (includes Cars, mini-vans and PU Trucks. Larger vehicles are more. At Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area (BLORA) Nature in Lights near Ft. Hood
Camp Tejas in Giddings, Texas
Camp Tejas is hosting it's 3rd annual Lights of Tejas to be held 20 select evenings Nov 24 through December 23, 2012. They have over 1,000,000 lights on trees and buildings around the camp and will be presenting a 30-minute orchestrated light show of over 150,000 lights to music and narration at one of the lakes on the property. They also have multiple light shows, hayrides, zip lines, climbing tower, food, light maze, and inflatables.
Time: 5pm-10pm Days: Thursday- Sunday
Location: Camp Tejas 1038 Private Road 2191 Giddings TX 78942
Ticket Price: $8 per adult, $4 for kids 3-12, 2 years and under free
Group rates are available
Round Rock Christmas Lights
This year Round Rock will have a new drive-thru Rock 'N Lights display and holiday village featuring 2 million lights that are set up along a mile and a half driving path through Old Settlers Park. There is a holiday village set up in the Dell Diamond parking lot. This event starts Dec 2 and will run through Dec 31st. Family vehicles are $15, limos are $50, 9-30 passenger buses are $45 and 30+ passenger buses are $75. Hours of operation are 6-9 pm on Sundays to Thursdays and 6-10 pm on Fridays, Saturdays and holidays. For more info click here.
For a great computer-controlled Christmas display that is synced to music that you can tune into in your car at 88.5 FM, visit the Spindler Family Christmas Show located at 1805 Rusty Nail Loop in Round Rock, TX 78681. They will be open November 24, 2012-January 3r, 2013 from 6-10 pm.
Over 20,000 Christmas lights set to a Christmas remix that can be found on St. Nix 106.1 FM. Lights are on from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm every night from November 22nd-January 4th.
Austin's 37th Street
For more than 20 years, Austin's 37th Street has been transformed into one of the most spectacular displays of Christmas lights in the state. Neighbors string strand after strand from trees to rooftops covering everything in sight. They’ve even been known to decorate their pets and themselves in twinkling lights.
The creativity of this neighborhood has been featured on “Good Morning America”, in magazines, and newspapers.
Due to the popularity of this event, it is advised that you park your vehicle blocks away and walk. Traffic is often blocked off and directed by Austin police due to the number of pedestrians and motorists trying to view the displays.
Location: From I-35, exit at 38th Street and go west. Once you reach Speedway Street, you may want to start looking for a parking space. Cedar Street is the first left after Speedway and you may be able to find parking near there.
Hill Country Christmas Lights 2012
Hill Country Christmas Lights 2012 is a privately owned and operated display that has been running over 10 years now. It has been featured on the Travel Channel, The New York Times, and other state and national news stations, newspapers and magazines. It runs from Nov 17, 2012 - Jan 1, 2013, Sunday thru Thursdays 6-10 pm and Friday & Saturday from 6:00 pm to midnight.
With more than half-a million lights to illuminate this Drive-Thru Christmas Light Display, you'll want to be sure to take your family and experience it this year!
From the 25' tall tree of light, and the Holidazzle Dancing Light show, to the drive-thru tunnel of light, this display is sure to fill you with the Christmas Spirit. Enjoy the lights from the warmth of your car as you listen to our very own radio station that plays non-stop Christmas music on 101.7 FM, The STAR.
Back by popular demand this year "The One Silent Night" Live nativity will be held on Dec 7th & 8th. from 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm.
They are located 1 mile north of Johnson City at 1685 North US Hwy 281, Johnson City, TX 78636. NO CHARGE for admission but donations are accepted to keep this display going and to benefit local charities.
Marble Falls Walkway of Lights
Marble Falls, just 45 minutes west of Austin, and 85 miles north of San Antonio, on Highway 281 river bridge, hosts the Marble Falls Walkway of Lights. It's a self-guided walking tour with over 2 million twinkling lights and 150 sculptures.
Admission is free, but donations are gratefully accepted to keep this project going.
2012 Viewing dates and times are Nov 16, 2012-Jan 1, 2013 from 6 pm-10 pm nightly.
FOR DETAILS and VIDEO REVIEWS go to:
Best Christmas Lights in Texas for 2012
Last edited by Ranger_R77; 12-22-2012 at 02:11 PM.
12-22-2012 02:11 PM #2
Barton Creek Holiday Lights & Ice -- Take a spin on Austin’s largest outdoor ice rink and see 200,000 twinkling lights at Holiday Lights & Ice at Barton Creek Resort & Spa. This is the resort’s third annual Holiday Lights & Ice event. It lasts through Sunday, January 6. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Make-A-Wish of Central & South Texas. For more information on Holiday Lights & Ice, call 1-512-329-4043 or visit bartoncreek.com.
- Cedar Park Acosta Christmas home -- For some holiday fun, families can head to 122 N. Saddle Ridge Dr. in Cedar Park for a light display over 63,000 lights strong! Santa Claus is planning to make a visit to the Acosta home before he spreads his cheer around the world. You can see him Dec. 23 from 5 to 8 p.m. The home also takes monetary donations for children with terminal and chronic diseases. Click here for more information.
- Cedar Park neighborhood -- The neighborhood on Anna Court, off Nelson Ranch Rd., boasts approximately 125,000 Christmas lights! Walking, not driving, the cul-de-sac is recommended. In addition to spreading Christmas cheer with their light display, the neighbors are collecting donations for Blue Santa. Click here for more information, or visit the Anna Court Facebook page here.
- Cedar Park tree lighting -- The Holiday Tree Lighting and Santa’s Workshop will be Saturday, Dec. 8 from 6: 30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Heritage Oak Park (875 Quest Parkway) in Cedar Park. More than 50,000 lights illuminate the largest live oak tree in Cedar Park. Santa's Workshop will kick off immediately following the tree lighting ceremony. Enjoy live music, carriage rides, games and prizes, inflatables, photos with Santa, and arts and crafts projects.
- The Domain -- Weave through The Domain’s shopping area in North Austin as you enjoy the lights and the large Macy's Christmas tree. There is also often live music and even opportunities to get photos with Santa himself! Click here for his schedule and more information.
- Georgetown light show – The Schmidt family’s home in Georgetown always gets a lot of attention during the holiday season. They have programmed their Christmas lights to a set of popular songs. Catch the show each night at 5:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. The spectacular display will continue through the first weekend of January. Click here for more information. The family also takes donations for a local charity. Learn more about it here.
- Georgetown light show 2 - 22,000 LED lights, five dancing trees, one "mega spiral tree," three inflatable’s hooked up to 32 channels of Light O Rama, and a partridge in a pear tree (not really) are what you'll find at 2441 Candle Ridge Trail, Georgetown, Texas 78626. Tune your car radio to 88.5FM and enjoy the show!
- Leander LED Christmas tree -- The Toungate family in Leander has a yard display that is not only timed to music, but includes an 18-foot LED custom Christmas tree that will change up to two million colors! Tune to radio station 88.3 and visit the display at 2305 Arroyo Grande, Leander, 78641. If you can't make it out there, you can see part of their light show on the Toungate's Facebook page.
- Johnson City's Hill Country Christmas Lights -- For a "Texas-sized drive thru light display," head into the Hill Country for Hill Country Christmas Lights, now in its 10th year. You can even tour the over-600,000-lights specatacle on a hayride while enjoying a hot cup of cocoa! Dec. 7 and 8th, families can see a live nativity. Hill Country Christmas Lights is free and open to the public. Click here for more information.
- Mozart’s Coffee Roasters -- The local coffee shop is once again spreading Christmas cheer with its annual holiday lights and music show. In 2011, the local coffee shop doubled the length of the show to 10 minutes and added thousands of LED lights. Click here to see a video of the entire show from 2011. Click here for more information about Mozart's
By Clint Wright in forum Tips and TechniquesReplies: 9Last Post: 12-17-2010, 07:02 PM
By bassfinder in forum For Sale (Boats/Tackle/Etc)Replies: 1Last Post: 12-02-2008, 07:53 AM
By Ranger_R77 in forum Tournament Information and ResultsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-12-2008, 10:39 AM
By Ranger_R77 in forum Miscellaneous InfoReplies: 0Last Post: 12-19-2007, 04:49 PM
By in forum For Sale (Boats/Tackle/Etc)Replies: 0Last Post: 12-31-1969, 06:00 PM
Search tags for this page
austin texas christmas light displays 2013,
austin texas holiday light displays 2013,
austin tx walkway of lights days open,
best christmas light displays in central tx,
best christmas light displays in texas,
best christmas light displays near ranger,
best christmas lights and displays in a nieghborhood in georgetown, texas,
best christmas lights in austin 2013,
blora christmas lights 2012 radio station,
blora christmas lights radio station,
camp tejas in giddings, texas camp tejas is hosting it's 3rd annual lights of tejas to be held 20 select evenings nov 24,
cedar park computer controlled christmas displays,
central texas private christmas light displays,
christmas light displays in central texas,
drive through light display in giddings texas,
holiday christmas lights in giddings texas,
leander christmas lights exhibit,
radio station for blora lights texas,
tejas christmas light show: this was more than worth the drive. hwy 77 south of giddings, texas,
texas christmas lights show opens till january 2013
Click on a term to search for related topics.