Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Advocare 24 Day Challenge

I have unsuccessfully tried to lose weight recently. I think the pint of vodka before lunch isnt helping though..But one thing I did do which I hope helps is that I stopped slammin skol with a sprite and now drink it with OJ. Juice is made of fruit so it must be good for me..

i like your style......lose weight on the rocks. screw a pile of rocks, a glass of rocks is much more appealing
    mrtodd777 likes this.

I'm getting to the age that I don't have to worry about buying green bananas anymore

I hear to loose weight you should eat naked in front of a mirror.

Ooops honey looks like you spilled tabasco on your taco. And thus begins the cardio (stick with using napkins)
    LTE for the win

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownLonghorn View Post
    my that signature is trohy, I need to invest in one of those.

Advocare is a gimmick and a "multi level marketing" business aka a legal pyramid scheme. Take a daily multivitamin, work out 4-5 days a week, eliminate fried and fast food, and cut all sugary drinks out. 6 years ago, I went from 235 to 185 in 3 months.
    Advocare =total gimmick! ain't fallin for it.

I was suckered into a fake sales interview in Dallas once. It was a supplment company that made college grads think it was a real interview. You show up in your suit thinking you might be one step closer to employment, next thing you know you're in a room with a bunch of other "interviewers" and it's a MLM scheme to sell supplements-and you had to buy their products to get started making your millions. This fake interview ever happen to anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Warren View Post

I was suckered into a fake sales interview in Dallas once. It was a supplment company that made college grads think it was a real interview. You show up in your suit thinking you might be one step closer to employment, next thing you know you're in a room with a bunch of other "interviewers" and it's a MLM scheme to sell supplements-and you had to buy their products to get started making your millions. This fake interview ever happen to anyone else?
    YEP

Back in 2008, I posted on ABF that I was looking for a summer internship in Austin. I had a well known member of ABF PM me and say that he had one available and it was a $15 an hour job. I was pumped and showed up to my "interview" and was led to a room full of some desperate looking people. They fed us paninis, nice touch, and proceeded to walk us through a demonstation of some $2500 vacuum cleaner/air treatment machine and try and dupe us into paying for half of the thing and then going through their sales training program so we could sell these stupid things. I ate my delicious panini and left.
    BrandonA and Matt Warren like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Warren View Post

I walked into a room once and saw that this was what was about to happen. I stood up right before they started the routine, and a guy ran over and asked where I was going. I said quietly to him that I was leaving, because this clearly was not a job interview. Then he commented to the group, in a laughing voice, well I guess making money is not for everybody as I was walking to the door. I was pissed off so I stopped and said something like, I don't work for pyramid schemes and I don't work for companies that have to lie to people to get them in the door. As I was heading down the hallway I saw four other dudes coming out of the room as well. Take that, sarcastic laughing guy!

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownLonghorn View Post
    YEP

Back in 2008, I posted on ABF that I was looking for a summer internship in Austin. I had a well known member of ABF PM me and say that he had one available and it was a $15 an hour job. I was pumped and showed up to my "interview" and was led to a room full of some desperate looking people. They fed us paninis, nice touch, and proceeded to walk us through a demonstation of some $2500 vacuum cleaner/air treatment machine and try and dupe us into paying for half of the thing and then going through their sales training program so we could sell these stupid things. I ate my delicious panini and left.
    Last edited by BrandonA; 08-30-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Administrator
    I have a few stories of my own. The best was when I was interviewing for a well known and respected company for a sweet position. I made it all the way to the last step and the VP of Sales basically told me that in order for him to offer me the job I needed to "seriously consider" this other opportunity. After sitting through a presentation it turned out to be a pyramid scheme to sell your friends vacation packages.

I was so pissed I reported it to HR and had him fired within the week.

Administrator
    Oh and it was a $5000.00 buck buy in, but ironically there was a hiring bonus attached to the legit job of...what...5K...really?

Just to clarify, I wasn't looking for an easy way out gimmick diet. LOL.

The reality is that with a 2y/o, 5y/o, working 60hrs a week and fishing in between I don't have time for anything. I've had a Gold's membership for 2 years and haven't been in the past 18 months. Four days a week I usually work somewhere around 7a-6p and one day a week 2p-12a. By the time I get home around between 6-7pm, I cook dinner, eat with the girls and check my email.....now its about 8pm. Usually while they are in the bath from 8-8:30p I chat with Dustin, surf the web or work around the house. From 8:30-9:30 I spend time being a daddy and playing with my kids. Usually then I am free around 9:30 to do something......but at that point I still haven't seen my wife and I am way too tired to go to the gym.

I have a cousin that said he lost 30lbs in 3 months using the products/routines...so I told myself I would commit to going to the gym 1 time a week and then doing 1 night a week of P90X (which I alrady own) and try their products. Sounds like I don't need to worry about their stuff though.

Some of you guys posted about working out 5 days a week......are you guys married with kids? I can't see how it's possible to have a great relationship with your spouse, spend time with your kids, work 50+hrs a week and invest 5-7hrs a week at the gym........and fish????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads