Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
    BGW

Texas freshwater fish identification

I am offering a 2-day Texas Freshwater Fish Identification course that should be of interest to fishermen who want to know what they are catching.
    We are offering a general fish ID short course January 8 & 9, 2008 (Tuesday & Wednesday). We will reserve places for the first 25 people from whom we receive payment for the courses. If your organization has a problem with prepayment, contact us and we will work out something. The cost for the course will be $200 per person. If we have enough interest we will consider offering two different sessions.
    The general course is designed to help people who know little about fishes and to be a review and expansion of knowledge about fishes for those people who know a lot about fishes. We cover basic fish morphology; osteology; taxonomic terms, counts, and measurements; family identification; and Texas freshwater fish species identifications. We will give a power point presentation (colored pictures of fresh specimens) that will be very beneficial in the field identification of species. We also show you many preserved fish species. We will give each person a copy of “Freshwater Fishes of Texas: a field guide” by Thomas, Bonner and Whiteside. We will also supply a “certificate of completion” for those finishing the course. The course is held in Rm 104 (fish lab) at the Freeman Aquatic Biology Building (Aquatic Station), Texas State University. We also furnish parking permits for Texas State University campus and serve coffee and donuts each day. The courses will begin at approximately 8:00 am each morning and we will take about 1 hr and 15 min for lunch each day. The course will stop at 5:00 pm on January 8 and about 3:00 pm on January 9 (this will leave you some time for return travel that day).
    If you know of anyone who might be interested in these courses we would appreciate it if you would forward this information to them. You can contact me (Bobby Whiteside) at bwhiteside1@austin.rr.com or call me at (512) 396-1622.
    Thanks for your interest and help.
    bgw

BGW

Re: Texas freshwater fish identification

The fish identification course is full for the January date. If there is interest I will consider offering a 1-day course which emphasizes on the sport fish and a few others such as shad, gars, etc. This would cost $100 and you get a book and a certificate. I will consider offering this in one of the larger cities such as Dallas. Contact me (Bobby Whiteside) at 512-396-1622 or email me at bwhiteside1@austin.rr.com
    Thanks for your help.
    bgw

Ads