Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: H2O Xpress

H2O Xpress

Man, I gotta tell you about this. Texas Outdoor Zone is doing some things potentially with H2O Xpress, Academy's new brand of fishing product, and as a result they sent us a few reels to try.

Trust me- I LOVE this reel, even though I was a little skeptical when I heard the price. It has 10 bearings, silky smooth drag, a wiffle spool, and is very compact and lightweight. I was winging small crankbaits in the wind with no issues! This reel is already in my tournament starting line-up, replacing one I won't call by name that cost 4 times what this one did.....seriously.

Check 'em out when you get a chance. The price point is excellent with several models to choose from. Their high end is going in the mid-seventies.

They have a whole line of fishing product out....if you haven't seen the new crankbaits, prepare to be amazed. They run great, have incredible colors, and are priced at a very affordable $2-$4 a piece roughly.

If H2O Xpress would just come out with some gasoline, I could almost afford to fish! :-/

TTZ1.COM The Source for the Competitive Tournament Angler!

Administrator

Re: H2O Xpress

I agree on the cranks- per Clints recommendation, I picked up a couple and am very impressed with the true run and color patterns. Been producing some fish from Travis as of late.

I like the LC replicas best .

kp
    No sig needed.....

Great info here...I hope these reels totally kick-a$$, maybe it will make some of the big boys bring their price point down. As far as their cranks go, they totally suck...just leave them on the shelf at Academy and I will give you what you paid...for one's that you have already purchased. Hopefully they will start making a swimbait too. RangerR, when you find it just post it here. Thanks. I quit using google about a month ago and simply wait for your great reports. Seriously, great contributions to this board! Thx.

McBass
    "Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth catching?"

I bought a Maurad ($64.99) the other day, its a 8bb reel and like Booker said its SMOOTH. *Im very impressed with the line of reels, definitly worth every penny. *

I also have purchased a couple of the crankbaits, they really do run true right out of the box. *My favorite color thus far is the Shadtruse in the Jerkin' Shad and the medium diver. *Give them a try, you won't be dissappointed.....

Clint_B - these are the ones we were talking about the other day at Academy. I bought one a couple days after we spoke.
    When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.

Good to hear about those cranks. I purchased about 12 of them but have not had a chance to use them yet. might have to try out one of those reels too.
    What if the hokey pokey really IS what it\'s all about?

Hmm I'm still not sold on those reels because of where they are made. Maybe if someone where to give me a few I'd give them a try. ;D

I do like the cranks though.

Administrator

OK, so I havent tried the reels but I have tried the H2O extreme rods and for the price I dont think they can be beat.

Guess Im making a trip to Academy soon to find a reel to match.

Take Care
    H.H.J.

Hmmm... Noticed those lures a week ago. They look pretty nice. Haven't the rods been out for a while?

Gonna give the cranks a shot. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by rmvfishing
    Haven't the rods been out for a while?
    Nope, there were some with a similar name that had to be removed from the shelves. The new rods are not at the stores as of yesterday, but they should hit VERY soon.
    When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.

Ads