Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread

Wisdom Teeth Removal

Need to get this done. I'm realy not looking to pay for an oral surgeon, and was thinking about trying scirex or another pharmaceutical research company. Anyone have any good or bad experiences?
    With my mind on a lunker - and a lunker on my mind

Administrator

Re: Wisdom Teeth Removal

My wife did it with Scirex 7 years ago. Talking to her on the phone after the procedure, getting placebo SUCKS. She did make a nice penny from the procedure.

One piece of advice from experience, when they say no solid foods or driving (AKA using heavy machinery), listen to them. At least until your off the meds, get someone to cater to you as much as possible.

My advice...get them all done at once. Don't do two now and two later like some doctors recommend. I had all four done at once and was very glad I did. Why would anyone want to go through that twice?

I think it all comes down to whether you think the price (what they pay you plus what you save) is worth the chance of getting the placebo. I've done them through a surgeon but I know someone who got the placebo and yeah it sucked .. i think the company was PPD. On the other hand you're talking some decent savings ...

Scirex is now premier research. I worked with this outfit for a long time, so I know a little about how it works. Don't worry about the whole placebo thing. They have tried and true meds that they use for "breakthrough pain". Contrary to popular belief, they do not let you suffer if you happen to be one of the people that get a placebo. They also don't let you suffer if the pain med they are testing is ineffective. That isn't to say that there is no pain post-op. There is always pain postop. But, trust me-they have meds to bail you out of pain if needed.
    I\'ve gone the distance with devil-ain\'t nothin\' gonna scare me now.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 0209070A0F080E600
    Scirex is now premier research. I worked with this outfit for a long time, so I know a little about how it works. Don't worry about the whole placebo thing. They have tried and true meds that they use for "breakthrough pain". Contrary to popular belief, they do not let you suffer if you happen to be one of the people that get a placebo. They also don't let you suffer if the pain med they are testing is ineffective. That isn't to say that there is no pain post-op. There is always pain postop. But, trust me-they have meds to bail you out of pain if needed.
    Agreed, I apologize if it seems like I came across as they made her suffer the whole time. *If she said, "the meds aren't doing anything to help", they would give her something that would. *It's was just that short amount of time she endured the pain until she asked for the "good stuff". I also think Kim is 100% correct do them all at once not 2 at a time.

I had my wisdom teeth done many years ago. I went in to the oral surgeon and told him I would pay as I could . He removed them two at a time and of course provided me with pain meds. He was very easy to work with concerning the payment arrangements and I paid off the procedures over the course of several months, no big deal. Seems like that is the norm for most patients. I opted to do the procedures while still awake and had no problems with it-- as a matter of fact-- It was so easy I should have had it done years before... I think I had heard from others what a nightmare it was and had built up an irrational fear of having it done. Some people get a paper cut on their fingers and need hospitalization--- I hope this helps !!!!!

I did the pharmaco thing about 12 years ago (not sure if they are still around) and it was no problem at all. I didn't get paid but did get the procedure done for free from a very reputable oral surgeon. Just had to spend the better part of a day up there and had to chart out my pain levels over the course of a few hours post-op. Just take a good book or two and some fishing magazines to pass the time.

Ads