New Floating Water Park Proposal on Lake Travis in Cypress Creek
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By JamesRoberts
  • 1 Post By Strictly Biznuss
  • 1 Post By LakeTravisFan
  • 1 Post By BASS72
  • 1 Post By daley

Thread: New Floating Water Park Proposal on Lake Travis in Cypress Creek

New Floating Water Park Proposal on Lake Travis in Cypress Creek

Fishing Friends,

There is a new proposal for a floating water park where the Anderson Mill Marina resides today. Specifically, this would be on Lake Travis in the Cypress Creek arm of the lake. For those of you that fish Lake Travis, you know what a wonderful, quiet, no wake zone location this is - which makes it a perfect location for not only those of us with boats, but those fishing with kayaks as well.

Please come help support the effort AGAINST the new water park at a public hearing with the LCRA on May 23rd - 6 pm - 7pm at Marshall Ford Marina. The last thing we need is another place on the lake to take away from those of us trying to enjoy an afternoon of peace and quite, while getting the line wet!

For further information, please don't hesitate to email me and thanks for your support.

Ike Glass

This is the Austin Bass Fishing Forum, not the Wake Surfer push your views forum. You might have seemed more credible if it also weren't your first post and you had a picture holding a fish.
    Thank you, and good day!
    JR
    mateo6891 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRoberts View Post
    This is the Austin Bass Fishing Forum, not the Wake Surfer push your views forum. You might have seemed more credible if it also weren't your first post and you had a picture holding a fish.
    Thank you, and good day!
    JR
    Just so we're on the same page, the way I read the original post was that Mr. Glass is opposed to the water park. Seems like either you or I misread something.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Was his first post, and with some research i.e. Facebook, lots of wake surfing pics and no fish. I get what he is saying, just not the right forum to be pushing it. In my opinion.
    JR

The fact that he's posing as an avid angler when his FB page has a bunch of wake surfing photos certainly rubs me the wrong way... but, hard to argue with being against said water park.

Didn't know about the Facebook page, definitely adds a level of suspicion to it. Either way, just wanted to make sure tempers weren't flaring unnecessarily.

To those above that are questioning my motives here...

Yes, I wakesurf...and camp, and fish, and snowboard...I do ALOT of things...please don't lose sight of the purpose of this message. Which is...for those of us on Lake Travis that do FISH...this waterpark will not be good for the area in which we do so...plain and simple...

If you have to take to stalking on FB to understand a point - then you have missed it already - JR!
    Agarita likes this.

Where were you when we needed help to save WAKE AUSTIN...

As far as stalking...(make your page private if you don't want people to look you up) Sounds more JR is researching who is sending out messages. Wouldn't you want to do your research before jumping on board with a cause or movement?
    JamesRoberts likes this.
    LTE for the win

LTF,
    We have had our best and most historically (40 yrs for me personally) significant fishing lake destroyed by the very authority that was entrusted to protect it, for what many of us feel was so that the wake boat people didn't have to have the "weeds" touch their feet. They turned our once pristine, clear, bass factory, into a smelly brown, bowl of carp feces! I can't speak for JR but I will say that a lot of us are devastated beyond explanation by the circumstances at LA and place the blame squarely on the wake boat community, (and FOLA). Fair or not it is the situation.

Having said that, I agree a floating piss pump in cypress creek would not be a good thing, especially if we lose the boat ramp access.
    JamesRoberts likes this.

God I hate wakeboarders and the FOLA so much. lol just reading this post got me all fired up. I need a drink now.

trump-hat.jpg

Sponsored Links