Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By rwnitro

Thread: Supernova test

Supernova test

Saturday night, in Rockport, my brother-in-law and myself tested the Supernova light. Winds were around 25mph gusting to mid30's so we did not take the boat out. We went to Rockport beach, in the channel by Key Allegro. We had established earlier that there were no trout or anything else anywhere .

The light we had has a 60' cord. The battery we used was an approximately 10 year old motorcycle battery with less than a full charge and is a very small battery, probably about 8" square and 2" thick. The light was hooked up for and hour and 40 minutes. We turned it off and went back to my place and turned it back on. The light was turned on for 10 hours and 40 minutes on the old battery. The last couple hours it was starting to dim so we turned it off.

The point here is that you don't have to have a big bulky car battery for power. A motorcycle type battery is plenty of power for a night of fishing and extremely easy to carry for pier fishing. On a pier like the Copano Bay pier, if you don't get there early, you don't get a light and you have no place to fish other than in the dark, between the lights. With the motorcycle battery, you can fish any of the dark spots, drop your light straight down into the water and get after it. This also told us that you could use the same battery in the front of your boat, and hook another light to your trolling battery in the back of the boat and you don't have to worry about a dead trolling battery. I know Dez tested the light by hooking up to a car battery for 48 hours and it was still working so we had to try the small battery. It could also be used in a kayak.

The light did attract plenty of bait fish but there just wasn't any trout or other game fish around.
    Matt Warren, Dez and Fish Finder like this.

Dez
    Wow thanks brother. I was hoping to hear about the 200 trout you guys slammed but that's still a good bit o info on the lights!!! That was just about my exact experience last trip to POC as well..

Hope you find the fish next time and I appreciate the report!!!

Ads