Buying a new to me boat soon
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ranger_R77
  • 1 Post By ColbyB24

Thread: Buying a new to me boat soon

Question Buying a new to me boat soon

Been too long since I have had a boat, after selling my 17ft Ranger. I have been looking to spend $20K cash and still narrowing down my list.

Any comments on the boats I am still considering, is appreciated. Looking a well-kept, USED boats. Will be considering center console too.....But the looking has begun.

-Mid-2000's Ranger 519VX or Ranger 520VX or 522 series. I like the bigger, wider body boats....but requires a bigger pulling vehicle. I have been talking to BBC guys about their boats.

Any boat models under listed manufactures below. I prefer in the order below. Making a purchase by March 1st.
    -Legend
    -Skeeter
    -Champion
    -Triton

But I am not spending more than my budget because I still have to purchase a pulling vehicle. I doubt my Kia supercharged sedan can pull anything...lol

Thank you and look forward to get back into fishing again!

Robert
    harleyrockstar and Fuzz like this.

Will a boat fit in your garage Robert or will you have to store it somewhere?
    Good Luck on your search...I will keep my eyes out for one

I don't know if you considered a aluminum boat but I have been researching and the best deal I found is a Lowe Stinger 178 it has a 92 inch beam and is set up for bass or crappie with 2 live wells and three seat position on bow, the best deal I found is at Capt kirks by Houston , 90hp and galvanized trailer for 21k new

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

One of my buddies bought a 175 tracker this past summer. Was able to go out with him a couple weeks ago and I tell you what its a nice boat. He has a 75 hp on it and I believe he said he got the whole package for less than 20k. Ride was smooth and comfortable to fish in. He had nothing but good things to say about it. Might be my next boat I was so impressed!

TRACKER Boats : Bass & Panfish Boats : 2017 Pro Team 175 TF Description
    Don E likes this.

Hey Robert - saw you posted this inquiry on TFF too so maybe you saw this Champion for sale there but if not might be worth a look see. Although it's a little older being a 2000 year model, it's below your 20K budget at $17.5 asking, is a one owner boat and would appear well kept by its original owner, has a lot of recent upgrades, and current and former Champion owners pretty much across the board rave about the 203 hull. Not so sure about getting used to you changing handles to Champ_203 though. Lot of boats out there so good luck with the hunt.

2000 Champion 203 Elite SC / Mercury 200 HP | Boats 4 Sale | Texas Fishing Forum

Heard Champions in the 2000's had transom issues. I once owned a 186 Champion in the 80's. Solid hull. I can fit a boat in my double garage if it does not have a T-Top. I am just looking around. But not jumping fast because when I purchase, I normally keep it at least 10 years or so...

Also looking at these boat, I do not care if I have purchase out of state. I am looking for a 20' boat, either bass or and/or bay boat.

https://joplin.craigslist.org/boa/5922168485.html

https://springfield.craigslist.org/boa/6003053313.html

Used 2003 Ranger 520vx, Eatonton, Ga - 31024 - BoatTrader.com

I have found a lot actually..Just need to on the road and check some these out...

I considered a Champion.
    https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/boa/5999770666.html

Sponsored Links