Bass Fishing Forum banner

My 1st LA trip

737 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  LUNKERSAUCE 
#1 ·
Started out at 7am at City Park throwing top water, swim bait and senkos. Wasn't having any luck so I had to go to my old faithful... 4" Luck'E'Strike ring worm just hoping to put something in the boat. Got a dink off of a tree shallow (thankfully no skunk for me)

Moved up the lake and found some deep water next to some bluffs and a creek and hooked a nice keeper on a c-rig fluke (biggest of the day, but only 2lbs).

Went further up the lake past Quinlan and got two more dinks on a wacky rigged senko and then had to pack it in and get home.

I was nervous about getting skunked after reading the recent post, but first timer's luck prevailed thankfully... four in the boat but nothing to write home about. I guess I have to put in the time to get a hawg from LA.

The abundance of cover, docks and drop offs made it hard not to work everything in sight, but doing so would have resulted in 7 hours of fishing and only covering 20 feet of the lake. It was hard to pass up what looked like a good fishing place and not wonder if that was the one with the double digit fish sitting there.

#3 ·
Hi fellas was my first time fishing La at night . Got out there around 6 with chitown we worked quinland park heading south for the first 2 hours or so we landed i think 10 dinks . Headed back towards quiland park heading north past it fished most of the night and didnt even get a hit . it was tuff then we noticed no moon lol so wo knows, it was fun fishing with chitown til next time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.