Bastrop Sucks! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Bastrop Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Texasfisherman57 View Post
    Spinner baits are good too! Anything to use when the edges of the eel grass are not clearly visible is a good thing.
    We went today and got on the water a little later at 8:30am. Fishing was much tougher today than before. Grass lines were clearly visible with the bright sun beaming down. We wound up with 31 but that was a hard 31 to come by. I tried Mr. Spinner Bait and didn't get a sniff. My Wife had the big fish of the day at #3-4.

BTW - the lake is still too @#$% low and the eel grass patches are get fewer and smaller.

yep went friday after the front and the fishing was much slower with the clear skies and north wind. We still caught some but bite was super slow and by 1:00 and all boats had cleared off the lake

Fished yesterday for Mother's day. (hey, mama wanted to go fishing!) We were in kayaks and also had a tougher time finding the fish compared to last week. Managed to scratch out a few with the crankbait along the grass and also weightless fluke in the discharge. I did notice that they are putting water into the lake via the pipe close to the end of the hot water cove, so hopefully it will be up to the normal level soon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ACE_the_Triton View Post
    Fished yesterday for Mother's day. (hey, mama wanted to go fishing!) We were in kayaks and also had a tougher time finding the fish compared to last week. Managed to scratch out a few with the crankbait along the grass and also weightless fluke in the discharge. I did notice that they are putting water into the lake via the pipe close to the end of the hot water cove, so hopefully it will be up to the normal level soon.
    I would imagine that the water well pipe will probably keep up with evaporation. In order to put a large amount of water, they will have to pump from the river.

I need to hit up this lake. I like the heck out of Fayette, but this one can be as much fun as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links