Fayette 4/13/17 Nice trip, boated 53
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Fayette 4/13/17 Nice trip, boated 53

Fayette 4/13/17 Nice trip, boated 53

Not a lot to say really -- just got lucky and found some feeding fish in and around some timber. Using T/R plastic in 3 to 12 feet was theticket. I also found a few that hit mytop water bait. Biggest fish weighed in at4-1/14 pounds with average fish of2-1/2 to 3 pounds, fun day.Fished from 1:30 pm till sunset. Ready to go do this again while the bite is on.

Dang!!!!!!!

Ditto! I fished Friday the 14th and had a great time. Although the fog did not let me get to where I wanted to fish until somewhere around 10 am. But then it was on for until 1:30. Then it slowed down until around 3:00 pm. Just had to hit some of the same places I had hits before. Although I did not not fishing timber at all. So thanks for the info. There were anywhere for 7-10 boat I could see in the timber. (anywhere on the lake). So I fished points and drifting into them with a t-rig from about 20 feet to 10 feet. Some points whee nothing and others you would have 3 or 4 fish per drift. Most were in the 2-3 lb range. But had a 4 and 1/2 and 4 as the biggest. Kept thinking it was just a matter of time but gave up a 5:00 pm. Usually right before sunset they turn on, but I was just too tired since I had been up since 4 am.... But it was fun and those fish fight hard.

What caught me off guard on Friday was there was a lot of ski boats pulling tubes and more than average number of fishing boats. So you had to get in line to hit the same spots. Words to the wise. Don't worry that someone is fishing in front of you. I caught fish right behind a number of boats. They may not be throwing the right baits. On one spot I could not get a bite an the guy in front of me was throwing a crank bait and killing them. I switched from the t-rig to a crank bait and it was game on. So watch other fisherman while you are out there. Even though I think i'm the best fisherman in the world, dammit I've been proven wrong more times than I can remember. Be open to other methods and I guarantee you will catch more fish.

Off my soap box....
    Tight lines all it is April. Go gett'em while it's hot.
    NjTexan likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Due to me physical issues, I have become very lazy when it comes to changing out baits. But I keep enough rods on deck with something different on each one, so I'm good I guess. Plastic, crank and top water. I figure if I can't get bit on one of these then I just need to go home any ways. Couple of plastic rods rigged different, a few different crank baits and one top water popper. Here fishy fishy fishy fishy, come to poppa..... LOL I know, I'm weird right. But hey, there has to be a little silly in people so they can cut up, laugh and enjoy life with out being so dang serious all the time.... Fish ooon. <'///>< ....... Tight Lines......
    Bassectomy likes this.

I guess we had 20, maybe up to 25 in the three to heavy three pound range. It had enough quality fish in the area that I saw no reason to look elsewhere. Oh wait a minute,I did leave and look for some four to six pound fish. But there was no one home except the smaller guys, so we high tailed it out of there. The bait wasn't there either so that's why the big guys were not around. The weather was awesome when we first arrived, I could fish any where I wanted to and not be blown all over the place. I was going to fish this creek channel out in the lake where one can hook up with bigger fish, but I didn't have a rod rigged up for it, so I didn't bother. See, I told ya I was lazy. I need to rig up a few for the open water bite out deep.
    I also had a guy with me who has never fished out of a boat, plus he didn't have anything really to fish with. He brought a rod, but I hooked him up good with several of mine and told him where everything was at, help yourself. I had more fun watching this young man get all excited with every fish he caught. He must have thanked me a dozen times for taking him fishing. He said he has never caught that many bass or this kind of quality. So this trip was much more worthy than just a fishing trip, it was one that this young man will remember for awhile. Maybe I got another angler addicted to this sport, who knows....

Nicely done FishyTx!

I use to hook on to the boat and fish solo all the time, I just needed to get on the lake ASAP. Then one day about two years a go I asked myself, WHY. What is the big deal about going to the lake and catching a bunch of fish with no one around to share this with or to talk to. Catch one, reel it in as fast as possible, unhook it and throw my bait back out for another one. It doesn't make sense. So now I try to take a back seat partner even if that means staying home on a good fishing weather day when I feel like there is a supper good bite going on. Like today, today is awesome fishing weather day. I started to go solo but chose not to. If I'm going to spend some money on a trip, why not take someone with me and put them on some good fishing. Now two anglers get to enjoy a fishing trip at the same price. LOL
    NjTexan and Bassectomy like this.

Some of us enjoy the unfettered solitude of being alone with our thoughts, refreshing our minds and souls, partaking of the creation, and being in such a state of bliss that can be attained only through acknowledgment of the creation and that it has a creator...
    That, and maybe some of us need to get our boat to tracker, finally...

I use to get one weekend a month off so, when ever I had a week day off no matter what the weather was like, I went fishing and it was hard to find someone who was off as well. So I went solo. I still have a problem finding an angler who can fish week days with me. I might be fishing solo more often than not. Thinking about going tomorrow. That is if my body is up to it. I may have something torn in my right shoulder. Sure feels like it. I've only had a tear fixed twice in this shoulder, so I know how that feels. Had two in my left shoulder fixed too. I'm hell on my body.

Thanks for the report. thinking about heading there saturday, but a little iffy cause of the wind.
    Hooks sets are free

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links