Bastrop, again
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bastrop, again

Bastrop, again

Fished by myself today from 9:00M until 3:00pm. Same ole same. Fished small Academy H20 crank bait around eel grass. Caught 22 but somehow managed to miss 15 others. You know; fish flashes at bait, misses, then disappears. Apparently some of those bass need glasses!

Lol...still great numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by just plain bill View Post
    Lol...still great numbers!
    Hey Bill! Drop the golf clubs and tacos and come get ya some!

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Left hip is killing me and havent played in two months! Bank fishing is it at the moment...

My Wife and I went today. Got on the water about 8am. It was already windy when we got on the water and it got worse later in the day. The sky went from sunny, to partly sunny, to partly cloudy to cloudy. I could swear the wind was blowing 25+ today. The wind cut the fishability of the lake down to about a third. We wound up with 38 and had a lot less missed fish over my trip yesterday. Big fish of the day was #3-1.

Jeez, I wish Conroe still had some veggies.

The hydrilla is gone, but the fish are still there. Though there are two lakes that I don't fish from once it warms up on the weekends and Conroe is one of them. You can be burning up with no wind and still get beat to death from all the wakes. The other one is LBJ.
    Fishing Is Not A Sport It Is A way of Life!

Quote Originally Posted by HillCountryAngler View Post
    The hydrilla is gone, but the fish are still there. Though there are two lakes that I don't fish from once it warms up on the weekends and Conroe is one of them. You can be burning up with no wind and still get beat to death from all the wakes. The other one is LBJ.
    I used to tolerate Conroe's never ending waves and lame-brained rec boaters when it had the green stuff in it. I live 20 minutes from Inland Marine but I won't be putting my boat in that wash tub any time soon. I love Bastrop but I do get tired of the drive.

My Sister lives in Walden and she is always wanting me to come down and take her fishing on Conroe. I have a very bad back and just isn't worth the pain to fish it even for her.
    Fishing Is Not A Sport It Is A way of Life!

I think we chatted as we were both loading up. I was cartopping my blue kayak.

That wind on Saturday was no joke. Probably the highest consistent winds I've fished in. I finished with 11, mostly fishing in and around the deeper eel grass with a super fluke or senko. Best one was this guy pitching to the reeds within sight of the launch to start the morning. I feel like I could have caught more staying anchored in the grass, but I was looking for some bigger fish.

IMG_1817-sm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Texasfisherman57 View Post
    My Wife and I went today. Got on the water about 8am. It was already windy when we got on the water and it got worse later in the day. The sky went from sunny, to partly sunny, to partly cloudy to cloudy. I could swear the wind was blowing 25+ today. The wind cut the fishability of the lake down to about a third. We wound up with 38 and had a lot less missed fish over my trip yesterday. Big fish of the day was #3-1.

Last edited by michang5; 04-10-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    HillCountryAngler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by michang5 View Post
    I think we chatted as we were both loading up. I was cartopping my blue kayak.

That wind on Saturday was no joke. Probably the highest consistent winds I've fished in. I finished with 11, mostly fishing in and around the deeper eel grass with a super fluke or senko. Best one was this guy pitching to the reeds within sight of the launch to start the morning. I feel like I could have caught more staying anchored in the grass, but I was looking for some bigger fish.

IMG_1817-sm.jpg
    Yep, that was me. I enjoyed our conversation. I have fished Bastrop for 11 years and without a doubt, that was the strongest wind I can remember.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links