LPf 3/11/17 Pfound Junk
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: LPf 3/11/17 Pfound Junk

LPf 3/11/17 Pfound Junk

Yesterday I went wading after work at the C&R. I got one fish which is typical for the last couple months. I was walking to the car when I decided to turn back to the lake for a couple more casts. I noticed a couple spinning lures, one in-line and one wire-jig, in the reeds, so I cut them loose and took them home. I rinsed off the wire-jig, and tied it on my spinnerbait rod for today's starting line-up.

I like using lures that I find for a couple reasons. First, they're free. Second, someone had enough confidence in it to not only buy it, but to tie it on and throw it. A couple years ago, I found a Megabass crankbait. I tied it on also as a starter.

I got on the water early. No real pattern except that I was junk fishing and they bit everything I threw except lipless. I caught a couple bass and a crappie on the Megabass. I caught bass on TR craws and paddletails. I got one on the Shadow Rap Shad.

I drifted up shallow and picked up my spinnerbait rod. A regular tub smashed the salvaged wire-jig, savagely twisting the frame and knocking the main blade completely off. Yeah, buddy! Where can I find another one?!
    IMG_20170311_071337547_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170311_072823618_HDR.jpg
    Last edited by Jeremy; 03-11-2017 at 11:33 AM.

utterly awesome!
    Jeremy likes this.

I need to go fishing.
    Jeremy and BASS72 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

with rain in the forecast, i stayed home watching fishing shows, then finally out to pf briefly, then breakfast, then bass pro with a $10 coupon, lol....then brushy briefly, then back to pf to feed the ducks...lol
    Jeremy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    ... Where can I find another one?!
    I really liked this spinnerbait I found. I'm not sure, but I think wiscobass might have had a hand in its creation. He told me he knew somebody that lost a spinnerbait near where I found this one.

It comes through the grass so cleanly and it has a perfect flash. I like it more than the Strike Kings. The trailer is the perfect match, for bulk and action. So what is it?

Well, I found the main blade in the bottom of my boat after the four pounder savaged it. The main blade said "Booyah". Should be easy to find. I went to Dicks in P-ville. I didn't see the big yellow Booyah cards on the spinnerbait aisle. They don't stock Booyah. I started to walk away and then I saw the flash of tinsel on a wire-jig out of the corner of my eye. I found it!

The Lunkerhunt Kraken SP1 comes factory with a Colorado main blade. I bought a couple of them at retail. Then the manager made me an offer I couldn't refuse on another brand. He sold me two white/chartreuse Terminator Double willow T1's for $2.24 each. Sweet!

I headed over to BPS to finish my research. I looked for the "chicken foot" trailer. I found the BPS 8-up 4" Tripple Ripple Grub and it looks like a match. Grabbed a pack and headed over to the spinnerbait aisle.

BPS has a good selection of Booyah spinnerbaits, but they don't sell just the blades. I looked closely and discovered the Booyah blade I found is only available on one spinnerbait: the Booyah Counter Strike. I guess its a silver willow with the hole drilled off-center. I couldn't bring myself to buy the Counter Strike just for the blade, since I'd just bought four wire-jigs at Dick's.

I waved at Austin at the reel counter, bought the grubs and headed home. I cannibalized a generic spinnerbait for its split ring and remounted the Booyah blade. I threaded on a fresh chicken foot and then added my own touch, a VMC 2/0 trailer hook. Its a good thing I added the trailer hook, cause that's how I got a bass this morning!
    IMG_20170312_085031567.jpg
    Last edited by Jeremy; 03-12-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    fisherman and langlowe9 like this.

Back to the mud-hole this morning. Nice weather, but the wind died at sun-up. Took a couple hours but I got on a pattern: the Pfound Spinnerbait! I nearly lost the unique Booyah Counterstrike willow blade again. I had put on a beefier split ring, but the thicker split ring popped open on the narrow swivel eye. I'll change the swivel this afternoon. I did lose the trailer hook, I'll put another one on when I change the swivel.

Anyways, I got seven fish on twelve strikes on the custom Lunkerhunt Kraken SP1.
    IMG_20170318_101649366_HDR.jpg

Nice. The Kraken SP1

IMG_0127.JPG
    Jeremy likes this.

i'm scared to throw anything from the bank that sinks, gets snagged or whatever, then i say bad words...i got some cool stuff to throw, too...
    Jeremy likes this.

Pfound Junk Unboxing

I posted earlier that I was on my way to Dick's to buy Whopper ploppers. I got diverted and wound up fishing at the C&R Pond. I never got a single strike, but I was otherwise occupied harvesting lures from the shoreline plants.

I got four Texas Rigs with three good hooks, one good painted bullet, and two Zoom worms.

I got two spinnerbaits, with a nice Zoom fluke.

The surprise was two fresh crankbaits. A nice Strike King sexy shad Mini3 and...

The Lunkerhunt pyromaniac Kraken lipless!

Can't wait to get Kraken!
    IMG_20170318_200309573.jpg
    harleyrockstar likes this.

And chrismaxrocks friend came by to say hi.
    IMG_20170318_191716837.jpg
    Chrismaxrocks likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links