Gt 2/12
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Gt 2/12

Gt 2/12

Hit GT Sunday. Water temps from 57-62.

Ended up with 14 total between the two of us. I caught nine and my best 5 would have been around 15+lbs(realizing a slot lake). Nothing exciting. Most all were on motion baits in 3-9ft. Fat and full o' eggs.

Sad when you consider GT our big fish lake.

GT "bigs"....

IMG_0318red.jpg
    IMG_0307red.jpg

Remember when this was considered big for central Texas....
    IMG_0108[1].JPG

That must be one lucky ass shirt!
    --Eric
    "Less is more ... except in Bass fishing!"

Nice fish... Don't have a clue who in the world is considering Georgetown to be our "big fish lake" for central Texas though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Strictly Biznuss View Post
    Nice fish... Don't have a clue who in the world is considering Georgetown to be our "big fish lake" for central Texas though.
    Cause Austin sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem View Post
    Cause Austin sucks.
    And it's not getting better anytime soon. I predicted 7 years of demise. It's looking more like I may be right from what I hear. Personally I haven't been out there is 2+years.

Cause Austin sucks.
    Austin does suck... But there are certainly central TX lakes that kick out bigger fish on a more regular basis than GT... Decker, Lady Bird, and LBJ just to name a few off the top of my head.

Austin has been fUn lately. Make the best of it and go catch some carp. Grab a bow or rod and reel and you will enjoy it.
    LTE for the win

Ander,

"Our" was meant for just our boat. I've only fished Decker once about 25 years ago and would rather fish Bastrop. Fished LBJ a few times back in the 80s but its too long a drive for how we fish. Bought my first boat from Brunsfeld's in Kingsland. We have fished LBL quite a few times both by boat and bank. Caught some nice fish including a decent northern pike by the AAS building. Even got to fish it during the Aqua Fest days as a fest volunteer for the water parade. We got to use the big motors.

Actually, the biggest bass we've ever seen in the wild was on Travis, circa 1980. We were cranking through schools of whites during the run and my buddy was reeling in a 12" keeper white and as he was lifting, a huuuuuuuuuuge bass took a swipe at it. Easily, 13+. We've caught some big DDs on Austin up to 12.7lbs and this bass dwarfed them all.

We have fished all over central/south Texas and only fish four lakes now, Austin, Travis, GT and Bastrop. We will add back LBJ once I'm retired in a few years.
    Strictly Biznuss likes this.

I was out there Sunday as well. I was happy to pull this one outta some logs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    fishytx likes this.

I've only fished Decker once about 25 years ago and would rather fish Bastrop.
    What's wrong with Decker? I'm sure a lot has changed with Decker vs. Bastrop over the past 25 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links