Bass Fishing Forum banner

Bastrop 1/2/2017

855 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Texasfisherman57 
#1 ·
We waited out the wild light show at home and headed out to Bastrop around 9:30am. Bucees is a nut house in the middle of the day! There were probably ten trailers in the north parking lot and the wind was kicking pretty good out of the NW. The powers-to-be still have the water 3 feet below the top of the courtesy dock. Nice blue skies. Caught our 1st fish around an hour in on a lipless crank bait but it would be another hour before another was put in the boat. I caught an LMB on a chartreuse swim bait in about 1 1/2 feet of water. The water was somewhat murky, so I was very glad that I got a fish on that type of bait. We went to the discharge where the water was no warmer than the rest of the lake and BARELY even moving. After dozens of casts, I hung into a very nice bass on the left side rocks at the cable but it threw it back at me. !!!! I then hooked a 2# bass on the next cast on the right hand side rocks. All this time, my Wife has not had a single bite. This would all change later. We fished the back of a small cove and I caught 2 more on my swim bait. A few dozen more casts and my Wife hangs into a nice #4-4 on her tiny crank bait. She caught another 2-pounder after that, which would be all of the fish we would catch.

It was not the greatest fishing day as far as numbers but it sure was nice to get out! This dreary weather has been a real bummer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.