Bass Fishing Forum banner

Horseshoes and Hand Grenades!!!!

951 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gester 
#1 · (Edited)
Can't get much closer than this I guess!!! 12.80lb FAT GIRL!!!

3 weeks ago (March 3rd) on a guide trip with some Alan Bell copycat's, I stumbled upon a near Lunker, (I'm not calling it a Share-A-Lunker because I hope I don't give in and share one if caught considering the latest survival rates. We need all the fry we can possibly get to survive if we want Lake Austin to once again flourish). My only regret is I caught her and not one of the clients. The clients had multiple large followers all the way to the boat but no hook ups on the DEPS and other giant baits. They caught 4 on the Picasso Double Barrel Underspin. I caught multiple fish on the V&M Wild Thang 10.5, V&M 8" Pork Pin, and a new V&M bait that will be out very soon. (This big girl was caught on the new bait).

Thumbs up to the weigh station TPWD has available. Probably a money and fish saver which is good to see!

I do have some open dates left for March/April if you are wanting to go trophy hunting. Email me at lakeaustinfishing@yahoo.com for open dates and times.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.