Bass Fishing Forum banner

Lake Dunlap last friday and this past monday

4K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Taxman 
#1 ·
These all came in the last week total of 8 hrs on the lake. My dad came in from out of town and i got him out to take pics on the lake, he managed a few nice ones as well as a big 7 but they are on his camera so no dice. Sorry about the pic quality as it turns out the camera was on macro or some off setting for a bunch of em.

The bite has been on fire for crankin. I also managed the last one on a Whopper baits Stick bait and 6lb test on a daiwa dropshot rod. Was a bit ridiculous we were fishing a group of docks in a narrow canal and she was the first cast of the day. The other 2 came by the bridge while waiting on a friend to bring a scale down to me. We have had the perfect weather and flow there the past week or so and its really made the lake come alive, had it been clear im sure many of these fish would have been visible on their beds. Most of them are coming off islands and stumps and have some scrapes. The water is still cool and they have been raising and lowering the lake, it seems to have pushed the big sows back on the spawn schedule.

See less See more
#11 ·
7 different fish there i went back and checkd there are 2 with me in the jersey that are the same fish. the last pic and like the 4th up..the first pic i pulled on a swimbait waiting for a scale on the other 2.

I have yet to verify the scale but it said that big one was 9.35 or 34 cant remember. My biggest 5 over the couple days i was out there would have gone 38-40 im not gonna bother adding fractions of a pound when fun fishing.

That lake can be like that and i have been out there and only caught 1-2 fish as well. I have been on the lake now a total of 9 times. 7 of the 9 i have had 20lbs or better. I really hadnt fished it much since i fished the opens and other stuff last year.

As for the spawn being done in feb....normally id agree but with the water fluctuation i still saw active BASS on beds there on my last trip and i side imaged beds all over though some i am sure are bream.

Sad part is i live less than 12 minutes from the lake, just now getting the time to explore it after 2 years here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.