Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Fayette 4/23 102 bass

Fayette 4/23 102 bass

After reading Doug's recent reports Robert (robertrinaustin) and I took the yaks out to Fayette to to put the hurt on them....and we did.

Weather Conditions: Blue Bird day. Mid to upper 70's
    Water Conditions: Slight brown stain. Maybe 2ft vis
    Date(s) Fished: 4/23/2012

Details of Trip:
    I knew this was going to be an AWESOME trip a few days before we were set to go. Anyways...my good buddy Robert showed up at the house at 4:30am and we were off after a quick stop by the whataburger. Arrived at the lake about 6:45, unloaded and we were on the water by about 7am. Started off in park prairie cove throwing plastics. Got dialed into some fish and had a limit by 7:30. Winds were light out of the NE. We continued to fish the cove catching some pretty solid fish. I had been throwing the crank for a while with no luck when I decided to go hit my "money tree" 2nd cast...crank...pause...crank...tree...crank...tree ...pause....WHAM! My rod is almost ripped from my hands. The fish takes me and wraps me in the tree and is pulling like a freight train. I give he some slack and she pulls free but something does not feel right. I finally get her up and just shake my head. Marcus, you would have been proud of me buddy (Mr Whiskers). By this time the wind was howling straight down cove we were fishing. I did not want to sit in 2 ft rollers all day and fight the wind. This was supposed to be a nice relaxing fishing trip on a much needed day off. At about 9:30 we headed in, loaded up and went over to Oak Thicket.

Wind was still blowing pretty good but at least there was some type wind break and I would not be sitting in whitecaps all day. Much better. We headed over to a roadbed and started catching fish right off the bat. All fish for the exception on the one "mishap" were on plastics. We continued down a ways and made out way into some timber down the way. By this time the sun was getting high in the sky. It was time to really get to work. I was armed with 2 cranks....a DD14 and a DD22 and a T-rigged baby brush hog. The 1st cast with a crank yielded a 4lber followed by another 4lber on the very next cast. What transpired over the next few hours can only be described as one of the greatest days I have ever had on the water. The fish were flat out destroying the crankbait. It was freaking insane. When you would wear out a spot with the crank, pick up the t rig and catch a few more fish. Then move on to the next spot down the way and do the same. It was an absolute blast! We wanted to fish some of the mid lake offshore stuff for some big girls but the wind made it pretty tough so we had to make due with what was available. When we hit 91 fish we made a decision to stay till we hit 100 no matter how long it took. With 9 fish left to catch we headed back over to a hole where we had killed them earlier in the day. I took out the crank and hit on of the deeper trees and WHAM....a 4.5lber. Next cast....WHAM a 4.5lber. Put the crank down and went T rig to show them a different look and WHAM..a 4lber. With 5 fish to go I though it would be a piece of cake. Robert pulled in a couple and broke two off. Once we got to 98 we sat there for a while with no bites....the pressure was on as it was getting late and I wanted to get back and load up before it got dark. Robert said, you catch one more and I'll catch one and then we'll be done. I agreed, put down the crank and picked up number 99 on the next cast. 5 mins later, Robert stuck number 100....two mins later he got number 101 and number 102 came shortly after. I was spent and hungry and paddled back slowly as i just realized that we had just kicked some serious tail out there.

Final tally was Herzy=55 Robert=47. No real big fish but more 3 and 4lbers than you could shake a stick at Tye was out there too but he was fishing a different pattern. Think he ended the day with 13 including a 6.3 and a 5.3. Talked to a couple of bass boats that had only caught a few fish all day. Don't know how that is even possible. I have some pics of fish on the camera but just gave up after while a quit taking them. I have some video I need to go through. If it came out ok, I'll post it up.

What an unbelievable day on the water and I am very thankful to have experienced it.
    Last edited by HERZOG; 04-24-2012 at 01:04 PM.
    2013 KATS Classic Champion
    2013 KBF Texas Open Champion

HERZOG

SUPERNOVA FISHING LIGHTS

Wow..amazing..spectacular..

That's one hell of a trip Herzy....
    Pro Wrestling is real Mr Anderson.

Herzy is the crankbait king
    NjTexan likes this.
    "Shit is not like it once was"- AggieGreg

What a fantastic trip guys. Days like that will sure get your blood to pumping and give your arms a workout too. Congrats.

Only 50 fish a piece?

Nice catfish! lol oh yea the bass are ok too I guess.
    RO likes this.

I will be there Friday-Sunday!!!!! Can't wait!

Freaking awesome.

Damn that's got me pumped up, Im headed out therein the yak in the morning , hit me up if u want to join .

Sounds like everyone pulls cats out of that lake!

thanks for the report.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do

Ads