Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Fayette 4-23-2012 ***Awesome Day *** W/Pics

Good to see you out there with your parents again, Doug. Yep, that was me with those 2 clients on the deep crank in that cove with the white Cobra as we talked to you a bit. Good stuff. We had a decent day as well, around 60 in all up to 6lbs. They were on the deep crank pretty good but also on spinnerbaits and plastics as well and a few on a frog. Fun times once again...

Your parents rock! Let me know if they want to backseat in a Wednesday nighter on Austin. Seriously, great pics and thanks for sharing. Love seeing this!

JT
    Awesome report and pics Doug! Great to see the parents out having a blast!
    "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

Quote Originally Posted by fishytx View Post
    I truly believe that if I had been on the water by myself or with some one else on Monday, I would have had an 80 to 90 plus day.
    probably, but which memory would you cherish more after your mom and dad are gone? having lost my parents not too long ago, i now am left w. only the memories of days w. them like you had w. your folks (but we didn't catch a ton of fish like you did!), and those are very special memories indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by fishzan View Post
    probably, but which memory would you cherish more after your mom and dad are gone? having lost my parents not too long ago, i now am left w. only the memories of days w. them like you had w. your folks (but we didn't catch a ton of fish like you did!), and those are very special memories indeed.
    I only made that comment due to how well the chew was on. A person could do no wrong. They were in a feeding mode in every aspect an angler could ever thank of, deep, shallow, top water, plastic, crank, jigs, wacky rigged, T/R, you name it and the bite was on fire.

And you are right, these moments spent with my parents are priceless. I look forward to taking them as often as I can. When they tell me they are ready to go fishing again, then I start watching the weather in order to pick a nice day for them. Even when I am not up to par for fishing, I'll still take them fishing. The clock is ticking and I know this, so I try to make the best of every opportunity I get to spend with them on the water. It has taken me 20 years to get my Mom on my boat. So that in itself should tell you how glad I am to spend some time with them on the water.

Made my day...... I love seeing dogs lick fish.
    If it involves my rod and something wet, I'm in.

Ads