Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Fayette 4-11-2012 ***** 99 bass *** NO PICS

Quote Originally Posted by fishytx View Post
    If you had ever fished this lake then you would understand that the numbers at this time of the year are very easy to get. It's like fishing a huge over stocked tank.
    I have fished this lake many times during spring - as a matter of fact, its where I caught my first bass. I still haven't been able to pull in the numbers I see sometimes on here. But, we all know what they say about fishermen and their stories...

What RO says is totally true for us. We've caught ONE keeper off Fayette in all the times we've gone. It is the best lake if you definitely want to pull more than a few in, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by zertis View Post
    Maybe we will break that 111 fish record another trip?
    Rick, I seriously thought we were going to beat our old record on this trip with the way it was going there for a while. But all good things must come to an end at some point. But man, when they turned off, they just flat turned off everywhere on the lake. Oh well, at least we have another good reason to go after them again. Hehehehe The weather this coming Wednesday is looking pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericalovestofish View Post
    I have fished this lake many times during spring - as a matter of fact, its where I caught my first bass. I still haven't been able to pull in the numbers I see sometimes on here. But, we all know what they say about fishermen and their stories...
    I totally understand some folks on here can not nor could they ever vision some one catching this many black bass in one fishing trip, but I promise you that we keep an accurate count because we use a counter to keep up with our catch. If I don't use my counter then I will phrase my post like this, ( We caught some where around 40 bass ). But I never stretch the truth when it comes to catching fish because I catch enough to talk about it with pride..... LOL How about them apples........... LOL

I'm having a blast catching these fish. Just thinking about it makes me want a hook up the boat and go.
    Last edited by fishytx; 04-16-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Benny20b likes this.

If I get my ass handed to me I admit it. Why not? I'm still the same guy I was on the days I caught good numbers somewhere. If I boat 5 fish on LA I consider it a good trip. I know it's a tough sell for some Doug but who cares if anyone might doubt our fish count sometimes? If you use the right bait and find the fish it usually pays off in good numbers out there. It is the kind of lake you go to build back your confidence after getting spanked on another lake. Plus, it's the lake I cut my bass fishing teeth on so it will always be my favorite.

Dez
    I have no doubt that you guys cacth 100 or more at Fayette this time of year. I've had several 50+ fish days around March/April/May and I am in no way an experienced pickle chaser like you and Doug. Maybe a couple hundred bucks worth of waterdogs and I can roll with you guys..

ZERTIS ==== Plus, it's the lake I cut my bass fishing teeth on so it will always be my favorite.

Hmmmmm, I wonder who took you out there and put ya on a few fish????????????? LOL Yes Sirrrrr, after that first fishing trip Rick, you have been pretty much hooked on black bass fishing every since.

Hey Dez, they don't sell waterdogs any more...... they have some black salties though...

Dez
    Hate to say it but the biggest LMB I've seen caught there was on a salty. Bobby was pitching a big fat one at some trees and got a 7.5... I tied one on too..

JT
    Great report Doug, u r the King of Fayette! Been over 20 years since I've had anywhere near a 100 fish day out there. That was during some insane summer schooling action back in the 80s.
    "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

Folks just need to understand that this kind of action doesn't take place out there often, but when it's on, it's on and I try to take advantage of it. I myself prefer the catching part over fishing any day. But who doesn't, right. I post these obscene fishing post so others can get their butts out there and get in on some this crazy phenomenal action as well. Although the quality of the fish on this lake has demonised over the past six years, but hooking up with three pound fish and getting your rod bent so much that your stomach hurts from fighting so many fish in is just awesome in my opinion. I don't understand this and I do not question it, but all my life I have always allowed fishing for numbers to over rule me over fishing for size. Most anglers fish for size, and I do too to an extent, but I prefer a fun day on the water getting my rod bent like crazy. I love catching fish no matter what species they are, what can I say. Look at the amount of whites I catch during the white bass spawn. Why do I do it? Because I love the fight I get on ultra light tackle and the fish use the current to pull four times harder than they do in the lake. It's all about my drag singing and my rod getting bent over like a horse shoe. Don't get me wrong, a huge bass taking you for a spin around the your boat deck several times and trying everything in it's power to spit your bait back at you before you land it is a fishing high like no other. But my fishing preference is catching numbers. I also hate catching dinks..... So, if I'm on nothing but dinks, heck I'll pick up and move in order to try and locate some better quality fighting fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dez View Post
    I have no doubt that you guys cacth 100 or more at Fayette this time of year. I've had several 50+ fish days around March/April/May and I am in no way an experienced pickle chaser like you and Doug. Maybe a couple hundred bucks worth of waterdogs and I can roll with you guys..
    October is pretty good as well.

Ads