Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes
  • 8 Post By CoastalBent
  • 6 Post By CoastalBent
  • 2 Post By RO

Thread: LA 4/9 Defeat.

LA 4/9 Defeat.

Besides that, caught a few dummy dinks. Not nearly as many on beds as there were a couple weeks ago... at least not where I was looking...

RO
    Thanks for the graphic post brother. Tragedy becomes us all. Seems more tragedy is in your future, but you are not alone. You tried, and that is all that matters. Carry on brother!

So close, so far away.
    CoastalBent and Fish Finder like this.

I was out yesterday afternoon as well. It was pretty tough. Caught a dink here and there. Switched to 10lb line just to try and get more bites, then had a hook up with a bigger fish that ended up breaking me off in the grass. I don't think it was a toad, but was a decent fish. That was about the only excitement of the afternoon. Hopefully the bite is better come Wednesday night!

I have had... 0 (I repeat, 0) bed fish this year.... so I don't feel your pain at all!

I had a club tourney last weekend in which I thought getting my first bed fish was going to be a real possibility... it was a good 7-8 lb. fish that I kept on coming back to throughout the day... nope...

Ah, well, the fish are better off for my ineptitude, that much I know...
    Toads for breakfast=> lunch and dinner!!!

Awww...come on, admit it..that 10 or 15 seconds of feeling the drag ripping off was worth it.

It's always nice to land and release one of those huge fish, but even just having one on for a few seconds makes my heart go into overdrive.
    Pro Wrestling is real Mr Anderson.

Thanks to our one great hole this spring, we've only half-assed bed fished.

Sunday, with no wind to speak of, we saw 0 on beds when we were close enough to "shallow" waters.

Quote Originally Posted by dbueche View Post
    I was out yesterday afternoon as well. It was pretty tough. Caught a dink here and there. Switched to 10lb line just to try and get more bites, then had a hook up with a bigger fish that ended up breaking me off in the grass. I don't think it was a toad, but was a decent fish. That was about the only excitement of the afternoon. Hopefully the bite is better come Wednesday night!
    Dayum, I just spooled on some ten pound line yesterday, looking for more bites. And you broke off on 10 lb. Oh well, I release 'em anyway.

Ads