Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: We like to fish, not boat

Quote Originally Posted by fishytx View Post
    That doesn't piss me off, in fact I find this quit comical and I'm sitting here trying to figure out who in hell you are. Because I too jumped the fence and fished out of an inner tube on many occasion. I was also in that line to be the first on the lake when it opened up to the public, and I made it inside and caught the heck out the fish, which back then were true Florida Hybrid Blacks that looked like little bull dogs. Short, Fat, and would brake a line in a heart beat due to their over whelming strength. I was a boilermaker and built unit 1 & 2 from the ground up. You and I may just know each other.
    I fished the Austin Bass club back in the day. I use to fish with Lonnie Shelton, Doug Newkirk, and numerous guy`s in the Austin bass club on Fayette. I know a guy ,Jeff Iben that worked on that plant. I fished a night tornament with Chuck Farrell which owned at the time and may still do... Farrell Electric. I remember in the tubes when you caught a fish the would pull you around and wondered if you had them or they had you. Sometimes when you hooked on to one they would come out of the water 2 feet from your head. Hope to meet you on Fayette sometime and swap story`s. We have a red and white procraft.

Quote Originally Posted by fishytx View Post
    Folks, we are talking about when this lake had nothing but five pound bass in it as small bass. They had no clue what an artificial bait was, and they hit just about anything and everything that moved. We were catching 24 inch bass like there was no tomorrow. That was the best fishing ever.
    Your right, it was like those fish were starving. You could damn near throw anything and sit in one spot near the trees and catch one after another.

Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    I fished the Austin Bass club back in the day. I use to fish with Lonnie Shelton
    My cousins grew up in the same neighborhood with Lonnie, so I know him.

I like to boat, not fish.

I like to drink and boast, not fish and boat.

Gotta love Fayette!! Headed there Sunday after turkey day with my boy. Not gonna lie, will probably pick up some water dogs for him to fish with. He doesn't have the patience for pure lure fishing yet.

If anyone wants to drag their boat out, we will be there hopefully at daylight.
    bassn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
    Gotta love Fayette!! Headed there Sunday after turkey day with my boy. Not gonna lie, will probably pick up some water dogs for him to fish with. He doesn't have the patience for pure lure fishing yet.

If anyone wants to drag their boat out, we will be there hopefully at daylight.
    We went to Fayette about a month ago and bought some water dogs.The fish would not hit those for anything. We went back to our faithful Gulp, turtle back worms. Black, Green ,Grape. We started catching fish. It was a slow day but managed 11 fish. Hope you do good and let us know how the dogs work. Nothing wrong with live bait mixed with artifical. If the wind is not too bad we might be their also. Hate the wind on Fayette.

Erica, Welcome to the forum. Lots of fishermen have lousy days...we just don't post about it. Keep getting out there and doing what you're doing. If your egos need a boost, hit up Bastrop for a day. We've been pulling out 20+ most trips the past several weeks. It's even better in the spring or early fall. Because the bite's slowed down a bit, they seem to be a bit deeper these days - 12-15ft is where we're catching most of them...points and drop-offs. Downsizing bait has really worked well in addition to a quieter and slower presentation...think finesse.

Again, welcome and I look forward to more reports.
    Ericalovestofish likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Ads