Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike M

Thread: Lt - 9/24

Lt - 9/24

A buddy of mine from Denver came down this weekend and we decided to go out on Travis Saturday morning. Fished sun up to around 10:30 AM. Visibility was only around 1 to 2 feet. I don't have a lot of bass fishing experience under my belt yet as I have only had my boat for a little over a year, so we only boated 5 fish, hooked into 10 or 12. All fished were caught on watermelon T-rigged baby brush hogs in 2-20 FOW.

My friend only boated one fish, but it was the right one, a 6# 6oz chunk. That fish certainly made our day worth the trip. It was a new boat record, his PB, and larger than my PB. I guess I should be happy for him, but is it right for someone else to hold the records on your own boat?

Oh well, it was a great experience. I now officially have "larger" fish fever.

Here's a pic of the "record shattering" LM Wades 6# 6OZ LM - 9-24-11.jpg
    Fish Finder likes this.

Damn nice fish for LT!

Props on the new PB!
    "Shit is not like it once was"- AggieGreg

Nice report, nice fish! Don't worry about the boat record, you will beat that before too long. Congrats on your friends PB.

Nice fish!! Where did you launch from?

SHEEEET could have used that one on Saturday. Nice fish, tell your buddy congrats on the PB.

We launched from Dink without any problems. I have an 18' tracker launched with a 4WD silverado. I had the 4WD on, but it probably wasn't needed.

Ads