Bass Fishing Forum banner

am trip to LA 6-11

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  chrismunn 
#1 ·
i hit up LA this morning from 2am till about 8am or so. i fished all the docks between walsh landing and hula hut, didnt have a single damn nibble!

so whats strategy for nite time fishing because im obviously doing something wrong!? this was my first nite time excursion so i could use a little advise! i literally tried everything, even things that i dont normally try. weightless flukes, senkos, cranks, spinners, drop shot, top water, all produced nothing!

or is it one of those things where, when nothing was working i shoulda just went to a different dock???

#7 ·
They did seam to be biting the rattlesnake better than the senko Friday night, but I just kept throwing the senko and watched Andy and Waylon catch the better fish. I generally stick with what I was catching them on before it got dark and then just adjust the color to something darker once the sun goes down.

#10 ·
ill try a tx rig with a bead, but what about the weeds? all those docks by hula hut are in 7-10' of water with about 5' of weeds or so. i figured that i wanted my baits to stay above the weeds, does it matter of im in the weeds?

and you say that darker colors are better at night?

#16 ·
It is not too long of a paddle upstream from the 360 bridge to the docks and it is an easy put in. There are also good fish in the reeds on the north side by the lighthouse and a little further up by the first creek. In February I caught a 7 and 1/2 pounder under the beat up old dock just past the creek and reeds in the canoe, my PB for LA. Also on Sunday I launched for about an hour at the low water crossing below the Mansfield Dam with a 6 wt flyrod in search of carp. There are a ton of carp up there to sight fish but they all snubbed me. I haven't figured out how to catch them on my flyrod yet but I am working on it.

#17 ·
talk to these dudes about carp on the fly, namely lonestarcarper or scottevil...

Rough Fish / Carp - Texas Fishing Forum

ive put in at 360 but havent gone upstream, ill give it a go during the day to get my bearings. same thing with quinlan, ill make a day trip before i go at night, just to get myself sorted out. should be fun as long as i dont get run over by a wake boat....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.