Need help finding a flathead Catfish spot!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Need help finding a flathead Catfish spot!

Need help finding a flathead Catfish spot!

Hello everyone! I have been actively trying to catch Flathead Catfish in Central Texas with no luck. I will be fishing at night on saturday night as well. Is there any good spots near Austin/Round Rock that is good for Flatheads?

jake._.atx,

I note that NOBODY has answered you & I'm NEW to 78750 area, too. = I'm also looking for some suggestions for good bank fishing spots for cat until I can get my little "new to me" Gamefisher boat here & registered in TX.
    (I'm retired up from Ft Sam Houston.)

BEST WISHES, tex

The issues with public responses to requests for fishing spots are:

There are 50 lurkers for every member on here who will take advantage of the information without contributing to the forum.
    Many of the lurkers are members of the bucket brigade and no one wants their spot (s) over run with those guys.
    Y'all are both brand new (welcome to ABF) and forums work well if things are shared. It's kinda like give to get. The more information you share, the more you are likely to get back.
    I don't usually fish for cats so I got nothing. Hopefully y'all will get some private messages with suggestions.

You're welcome.
    Pro Wrestling is real Mr Anderson.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

NjTexan,

It's really difficult to share, if you are very new to the area & know ZILCH about fishing the Austin area. = In my case, I know exactly 2 people in Austin. = My adult daughter & her best friend. NEITHER fish.

Btw, what is "the bucket brigade"?? - Sorry, if that's a stupid question but I've been fishing for over 6 decades & that term's new to me.

Note: I belong to the San Antonio fishing forum & we all help each other, with especial help to "newcomers" to The Alamo City.
    (Show up as "new in town", join our forum & at least one member will invite you to go fishing.)

yours, satx
    Last edited by satx78247; 05-22-2017 at 03:35 PM. Reason: typo

It's a valid question..
    Bucket Brigade refers to the folks that typically bring a five gallon bucket with them and put every fish they catch in the bucket. Big or small, legal or not, every fish gets killed.

Like I said I hope you'll get some private messages telling you about some good cat fish spots. Just don't get your feelings hurt if there aren't a bunch of public responses.
    Pro Wrestling is real Mr Anderson.

NjTexan,

Well, we'll see.

BEST WISHES & TIGHT LINES, satx

Pace bend has plenty of places to fish for cats.
    rbdavis3591 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rexmitchell View Post
    Pace bend has plenty of places to fish for cats.
    I just got my Lone Star Pass and will be doing some overnight camping at Pace Bend this summer.

My friend was just talking about us doing some catfish fishing so guess I will concentrate on Pace Bend since it is close to him. I will have to do my research on catfish techniques out of a kayak since I have been more involved in bass fishing.

rbdavis3591,

IF you get hooked-up on a large blue or flathead cat on a light rod, of the sort that you likely use for black bass fishing, you are in for a brawl of the 1st class.
    (My biggest so far is about 35#, on a 7' popping rod, that I use for specks down on the salt, with 20# test mono. = That one dragged my little flat-bottom all over the lake, before he was netted.)

Also, WELCOME HOME brother-in-arms.

yours, satx
    USA, Retired
    rbdavis3591 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rbdavis3591 View Post
    I just got my Lone Star Pass and will be doing some overnight camping at Pace Bend this summer.

My friend was just talking about us doing some catfish fishing so guess I will concentrate on Pace Bend since it is close to him. I will have to do my research on catfish techniques out of a kayak since I have been more involved in bass fishing.
    Build a campfire, pull some chairs up to the water and drink beer fishing from there at night. Fish for bass during he day from your kayak. Or set some jug lines, we've had luck out there with them in the coves.
    rbdavis3591 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links