San Gaberial River. (Steps)
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: San Gaberial River. (Steps)

San Gaberial River. (Steps)

I've received several text from others who have caught a few on the river, but it's still early and slow right now. But there are whites up there being caught as we speak. Crappie as well. I am somewhat surprised at myself theses days, normally I would start fishing for whites back in late December, but I haven't been one time so far and I've received several text from guys who have been on some good numbers. I hope to be out beating the banks soon though. But good luck to those who are going, hope the fish Gods are good to ya.
    fisherman and kaloz like this.

And so it begins...
    stcow1 likes this.

Looking forward to those near daily reports on you catching your limit of white bass, fishytx.
    Jeremy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

Some say wait for the dogwood to bloom and some say wait till after valentines day. Nah I'll just wait for Fishytx's reports and then I know it's on.

Guys, I'm only about six weeks short this year. I normally start looking for whites in middle to late December and just keep going at it, but this year I've been laid back. Even though I plan to wet a line tomorrow some where, I was going to wait till the middle of this month before I went out. Right now there are fish moving up and holding in the deeper water pockets. You catch them feeding on a good day and rack up on these guys in a hurry. But I was leaning more towards waiting till the bite got good everywhere and fish when one can string up a limit in two hours. But I'm free tomorrow, weather is going to be nice, why not go see what I can find. Probably going to the Yegua Creek. I know there are a lot of fish in it as we speak, but finding the honey hole is a different story. But the size of these fish are well worth the gamble of driving over there. It's still early for the river. These fish stage in the holes and refuse to go way upstream till it's time to spawn.

I made a quick one hour trip to the steps today. The water looks great, I like how the flood water has changed up the bottom, it's going to be good year. I saw a guy fishing with store bought minnows fishing with a cork catch a few whites and crappie. I'm guessing he had somewhere around eight fish. Me, I threw my jig and only landed one under size white. I only fished one spot, so it was just a trip to check things out and I can't wait for these fish to become active, it should be a fun year.

You are the man fishytx! Thanks for the report

I don't know so much about that, I only tried one area. If I had gone to the steps first and not to the Yegua creek earlier, I would have covered a lot more area. But after I had dinner at home, I thought why not go check out the steps and see how it looks. Heck, I might even get lucky and pick up a few. Any how, they are up in there, you have to move around till you find them bunched up somewhere.

I went to the steps today. I arrived sometime after 12:00.Anyhow, thought I would explore a little more of the river this time, so I did.Long story short, I caught two in the same place I caught one the other daywhen I was there. Saw several otheranglers with a few on their stringer as they were leaving. One might have hadlike four to five, the other guys had like eight. Saw two other guys walk to a place with storebought minnows on a bobber catch maybe six between the two. Not real sure whatkind of fish they had, but I am guessing from what I know about that spot,crappie. I have a few buddies who havebeen fishing that same spot in the afternoons and they have been catchingcrappie like crazy there is why I’m guessing crappie. You really can’t judge the quality of fishingfrom this report, because I was there at the worst time of the day and I reallydid not put a 100% effort into todays trip. I went today because I was boredand the weather was so nice. Plus my wife had some stuff to do and I sure didn’twant a go do it with her. LOL Now the truth comes out. LMBO. ButI had a good time talking to the game warden and other anglers while I wasthere, catching a few whites was just a bonus.

C.G
    thx bunches mr fishy. Guess we need some rain for them to come up in numbers(???)

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links