San Gaberial River. (Steps) - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: San Gaberial River. (Steps)

Thanks for the description! I heard that that the primitive launch area might be closed (working on the dirt road I believe is what they said). Do you know if it's actually off limits right now?

Some guys told me that you can fish from the shoreline, but the ramp was closed. Said they really fixed up the road and parking lot, but had the ramp closed? I would have to go by there myself in order to tell you any more than what I was told by those two older guys that tried to launch a small boat aa few days a go. But they did say it looked like everything was done, so I don't know what is going on for sure. Heck, it might even be open right now. I don't ever go over there, I fish at the steps, but on my next trip I'll make a point to drive over there and check it out. In less of course someone happens to chime in and lets everyone know something about it. Not real sure when I'll go back.

Thanks very much for the info fishytx! We're going to try and hit either the steps or primitive launch area early. Hopefully catch a few before the front arrives.

4. Remove Advertisements
    AustinBassFishing.com
    Advertisements

There is an awesome bite going on at a lake I fish all the time, I might have to give the white bass thing a break and go get in on some of this quality black bass fishing myself. Plus it's the weekend, in my boat I can fish where ever I like with little to no interruptions. LOL

Hit the steps yesterday with the kiddo. I didn't bother counting the trucks parked there but let's just agree it was over 15.

It was the first trip and wasn't prepared to wade in the water, so we fished from one spot that we walked in on.

Catch was 0, and everyone around was doing the same thing. I did see a couple of guys carring a few in a fish basket that had come from up-stream.

there were a dozen cars at the primitive boat ramp entrance today. It looks like they closed it to put road grade down. That would be a massive improvement, but I'm not sure why the gate is still shut. You can still get down there, you just can't park close right now. I didn't go look but it seems several people didn't have any trouble getting there.

there were 25 cars at the steps this morning at 7:30. I just drove by, so no report on the River. Fished Willis Creek and it was very slow this morning.

Had a blast at the lake. Got our rods bent good. Glad I went after blacks and not whites today. I'll get some whites this coming week.

So I fished the steps yesterday late afternoon, you might really say at night. Arrived around 6:30 pm and fished till 8. Fished with a friend and we both caught about the same, 10 each. It was also about a even mix of crappie and whites. I would also say a little over half of these were throw backs even though we threw everything back to swim another day. We just went to catch some fish is all. We were throwing jigs with no light. Is it hard to see one might ask. Yes it is, it was pitch black last night.
    bastropian likes this.

Thanks for the report Doug!
    FISH ON

On my way to liberty hill yesterday I looked at the river from the 95 bridge and it looked to be little stained, just enough to bring up some fish to feed shallow. Why I haven't already went remains a mystery to me. I think a good stringer of fish can be caught today. I might go here in a little bit, we will see. But any time there is change in water color, bigger fish by some good numbers have been caught before. Miss it by one day and you lose out.
    Weatherman likes this.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links